I am a doctor
- I have a full time practice in Elk City, OK.
- I am board certified in Pediatriacs. I got this training at The University of Oklahoma.
- I work with two Nurse Practitioners.
- I recently opened a satellite clinic 25 miles away.
I am a nerd
- I started medical school when I was 19 years old.
- Nobody should start medical school when they are 19 years old.
- I am 41 years old. 41 is a prime number. I think that is cool.
- My wife knows that I am a nerd. My kids are starting to find out.
- I made my own EMR software by reading a book about programming.
- I had to check it out from a library because I was too poor to buy one at the time.
- I wrote my first software on legal pads during medical school.
- Nobody should write software on legal pads during medical school.
I am more than a nerd doctor
- I am married with 3 children, 2 dogs, and 1 cat. My vet says the cat is retarded.
- My experience at the University Hospital clinic convinced me to be my own boss.
- I love being my own boss but sometimes I am a terrible employee.
- I know all the words to Bohemian Rhapsody.
- I enjoy teaching.
- I love seeing patients. I hate wasting my time or theirs.
- I think the Sound of Music is one of the greatest movies ever made.
- I write a "weekly" newsletter every 6 weeks or so. Unless I don't get around to it.
- My favorite restaurant is Barclay Prime in Philadelphia.
- I'm a 3rd degree black belt in Aikido. I did this during medical school.
- Nobody should become a black belt in Aikido during medical school.